In cooperation with ACM SIGCHI
10-12 September 2008
Athens Information Technology (AIT), Athens, Greece
Conference Web site: http://www.dimea2008.org
Register Early to benefit from favourable prices up to 11th of July!
Industrial Exhibitors to register their interest up to 15th of July!
Workshops and Tutorials participation to be registered up to 21st of July!
The 3rd ACM International Conference on Digital Interactive Media in Entertainment and Arts (DIMEA 2008), that will take place on September 10-12, 2008, at Athens Information Technology’s premises in Athens, Greece, focuses on the presentation of societal, business and technological advances and research results related with digital interactive media in entertainment, art and creative technologies.
A significant number of high quality technical papers as well as digital artworks and demos have been selected, after peer review, for presentation and demonstration during the conference. These will be included in the conference proceedings and in the ACM Digital library.
Innovations, new research approaches and practices will be presented in focused technical sessions, which will offer a wide coverage of the DIMEA 2008 scientific and technological areas, as well as be exhibited and demonstrated during its Digital Art Exhibition hosting digital interactive rich-media works in art and entertainment, co-located and run in parallel with the technical sessions. The exhibition will be open to all interested visitors during September 10-14, 2008.
DIMEA 2008 will thus bring together academics, technologists, artists, designers, and industry representatives from all over the world, to meet, discuss and share opinions and practices.
Dr. Roberto Cencioni, Head of Unit INFSO.E2 Content and Knowledge, European Commission
Prof. Nadia Magnenat-Thalmann, Miralab, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Advance Program, Events
The Advance Conference Program will shortly be published at the conference web site, including both regular focused technical sessions with oral presentations in the Technical track of the conference, as well as demonstrations of art works in the Digital Art Exhibition track.
The list of accepted submissions in both conference tracks is published at
http://www.dimea2008.org under Accepted Submissions.
The conference program is further complemented with a number of relevant events, listed below:
1. Mobile Mixed Reality Games, Organizers: Wolfgang Broll, Fraunhofer FIT, Germany and Anne-Kathrin Braun, Fraunhofer FIT, Germany
2. User Centric and Personalised Multimedia Service Platforms, Organizers: Nikolaos Chr. Papaoulakis, National Technical University of Athens, Greece and John Soldatos, Athens Information Technology, Greece
Technical Workshop, 11th September
Pervasive Awareness applications: addressing their Aesthetic and Ludic aspects
Organizers: Monica Divitini, NTNU, Sweden and Irene Mavrommati, CTI, Greece
Tutorials to be offered, 10th September (based on participation)
1. Inside and Outside the UpStage: Live Participative On-line Cyberformance, Tutorial speakers: Miljana Perice, University of Arts Belgrade, Serbia and Helen Varley Jamieson, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
2. Authoring Tools for Web Comic, Tutorial speakers: Symeon Retalis, Petros Georgiakakis, M. Boloudakis, J. Arapoglo, University of Pireaus, University of Pireaus, Department of Technology Education and Digital Systems, CoSy-LLab: Computer Supported Learning Engineering Laboratory, Greece
3. User Experience Design for Interactive TV, Tutorial speakers: Konstantinos Chorianopoulos, Ionian University, Greece, and Pablo Cesar, CWI, the Netherlands
4. Developing a videogame: from concept to your TV, Tutorial speakers: Kostas Anagnostou, Ionian University, Greece
5. Developing play tacticts in the Web 2.0 era, Tutorial speakers: Daphne Dragona, Ilias Marmaras, New media artists, Greece
Hands-on Workshops to be offered, 12th September (based on participation)
1. Employment of tilted hemispherical projection surface for creating large audience immersive environment, Organizers: Vaggelis Christodoulou, Foundation of the Hellenic World, Greece and Abraham Onasiadis, Foundation of the Hellenic World, Greece
2. Sketchtools, Organizers: Matt Cottam, Jasper Speicher, Katie Wray, Tellart LLC, USA
3. Encyclopedia as a creative platform, Organizers: Eleni Glinou, Technological Institute of Athens, Greece and Katerina Antonaki, Digital artist
Industrial Exhibitors Call
Industrial Exhibitions establish the link between research and the market, allowing for fast adoption of research results by the industry and an opportunity for industry representatives and researchers to meet and discuss on collaboration prospects. The published Call for Industrial Exhibitions, available at http://www.dimea2008.org under Other Calls, welcomes all interested industrial representatives to announce their interest up to 15th of July.
The opportunity to sponsor DIMEA 2008 is still open!
Sponsorship offers an effective way of demonstrating your interest in and commitment to digital interactive media technologies and their impact in diverse applications fields spanning the entertainment and art areas. Corporate sponsorship can offer companies publicity and the ability to influence current and future leaders in digital interactive media technologies research and development. We will recognize and acknowledge the generosity of all of our sponsors on the DIMEA 2008 website (www.dimea2008.org ) and in the conference program (to be available in print and on-line).
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to pledge your sponsorship. More details can be found at:
http://www.dimea2008.org under Other Calls
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Athens in September!
The DIMEA 2008 Conference Co-chairs,
Sofia Tsekeridou, Athens Information Technology, Greece
Adrian David Cheok, ACM SIGCHI Singapore, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Konstantinos Giannakis, InExDe, Greece
John Karigiannis, InExDe, Greece
DIMEA 2008 Organizers
Athens Information Technology – AIT
ACM SIGCHI, Singapore Chapter
DIMEA 2008 Sponsors
INTRACOM IT Services
Multimedia Tools and Applications Journal, Springer
ACM Computers in Entertainment Journal
????????? + Web Design
Linakis + Associates
Dr. Sofia Tsekeridou
Athens Information Technology – AIT
Multimedia, Knowledge and Web Technologies Group
Building B7, 0.8 km Markopoulo Ave., P.O. Box 68,
PEANIA 190 02, Athens, Greece
Tel: +30 210 6682804 (Int.: 5804)
Fax: +30 210 6682703
Web site: www.ait.edu.gr