LAUNCHING low-fi locator.
– low-fi is a new system for locating and viewing net art.
– We have developed a dynamic database of current and past net art projects with an additional curatorial layer of selected lists. Artists are able to create links to their projects/sites/netcasts directly from [low-fi], making it a useful tool for disseminating information about net based activities.
– The project is intended for artists; so please contribute by inputting information about new projects or filling in gaps from previous projects we have missed.
– Any comments on bugs or feedback on the site are welcome and will help to shape v.2. [There is a bug feedback button on the locator interface]
– We will send monthly updates on low-fi selections and a guest list to everyone who JOINS OUR MAILING LIST.
NB. the low-fi list is not a discussion list , it is only for updates. We will not send further information to you unless you subscribe.
– To subscribe please follow the mailing list button on the locator interface.
– The current guest list is by Matthew Fuller on rethinking hypertext.
– Previous guest lists can be found on the site and include:
– Rachel Baker [on net.audio]
– Rod Dickinson [on the redefinition of performative events]
– Susan Collins [on telepresence pioneers +]
– Pete Gomes [on visual music and cybernetic film]
– Nick Crowe [on net archaeology]
– James Stevens [on consume the net]
– Thomson & Craighead [on other peoples computers]
low-fi is an artist collective
net art locator