UK launch of the Electronic Literature Collection Volume 1
Thursday 17th May 2007, 6.00pm – 7.30pm (doors open at 5.30pm for drinks)
at the Institute of Creative Technologies, De Montfort University, Leicester, UK (see http://www.ioctsalon.com/directions.htm for map and directions)
This event is free of charge and open to the public. The first 50 audience members will receive a complimentary copy of the ELC Volume 1.
The Electronic Literature Collection Volume 1 is an anthology of sixty works published by The Electronic Literature Organization and edited by N. Katherine Hayles, Nick Montfort, Scott Rettberg and Stephanie Strickland.
Guests at this Salon will include
– Scott Rettberg (http://retts.net, writer, co-editor of ELC Volume 1, co-founder and first executive director of the Electronic Literature Organization)
And the UK-based writers who feature on the ELC Volume 1, who will show their work and discuss what Electronic Literature means for them:
– John Cayley (http://www.shadoof.net/in/)
– Jon Ingold (http://www.ingold.fsnet.co.uk)
– Chris Joseph (http://www.chrisjoseph.org)
– Kate Pullinger (http://www.katepullinger.com)
"Flaws or no flaws, this is an essential collection. Anyone interested in the field of electronic literature should take the trouble to get it on DVD. Some of this material is priceless, and it may not be available on the Web indefinitely."
– Edward Picot, The Hyperliterature Exchange
"In the breadth of work contained in it, as well as the innovative way the editors and authors have made it available, this is a generous collection."
– Tim Wright, Realtime Arts
– Electronic Literature Collection: http://collection.eliterature.org/
– Electronic Literature Organization: http://eliterature.org/
– Furtherfield interview with Scott Rettberg of the ELO (writer, co-editor of ELC Volume 1, co-founder and first executive director of the Electronic Literature Organization): http://www.furtherfield.org/displayreview.php?From=Index&review_id=217
– The Hyperliterature Exchange review of ELC Volume 1 by Edward Picot: http://hyperex.co.uk/reviewelc1.php
– Realtime Arts review by Tim Wright: http://www.realtimearts.net/article/78/8536
Download a flyer for this event as a Word doc ( http://www.ioctsalon.com/events/elcv1/salon070517_ELCV1_flyer.doc , 70kb) or a PDF ( http://www.ioctsalon.com/events/elcv1/salon070517_ELCV1_flyer.pdf , 72kb)